17 May 2014

Northbrook Park Wedding Photography Surrey | Bharkavy + Edwin

Northbrook Park Wedding Photography

I was thrilled when Bharkavy and Edwin asked me to b their Northbrook Park wedding photographer. They are such a lovely couple, lots of fun to be around, and I knew their wedding would be great fun to photograph. It’s a great honour to be a Northbrook Park wedding photographer. This eighteenth century estate is a beautiful place to photograph. The grounds are inhabited by wildlife, including a number of peacocks, one of whom strutted past the car as I was making my way to the hotel. Again, I had to jump out with my camera, to capture yet another beautiful scene before I had even really arrived at the wedding.
There’s something so majestic about peacocks, and I was thrilled to discover that these birds were far from shy. In fact, they would be strutting about during the photographs later, desperately trying to steal the attention from the bride.

When I arrived at the venue, I headed upstairs to meet Bharkavy and her bridesmaids in the bridal suite. Bharkavy was having her hair done, and checking through her wedding planner to make sure everything was running to schedule. Her wedding planner was beautiful, so I took a photograph of it next to a wedding checklist. I know, in many ways, the planning process is as important as the day itself, so wanted to capture the effort that went into every detail of the day.

After I’d snapped a few shots of the bridal party getting ready, I went to meet Edwin. I was waiting outside the venue with my camera, when Edwin pulled up in his car. He was wearing huge sunglasses, and was talking on his phone, he looked cool and confident, and I decided to take a photograph. As the car pulled into the driveway, I took some shots through the window of the car, the trees of Northbrook Park are reflected in the window, and the resulting shot looks great.
Bharkavy and Edwin wanted some posed photographs of the day, so we gathered up some of the wedding guests, and headed over to the other side of the house to take some shots. Northbrook House is a beautiful ivy-covered building and made the perfect backdrop to the photos. There’s a great shot of Bharkavy and Edwin flanked by the bridesmaids and ushers. The bridesmaids were dressed in elegant nude dresses, and the ushers looked smart in their navy suits.

I took Bharkavy and Edwin for a stroll around the grounds, to get some photos of them as newlyweds. I love my photographs to tell the story of the wedding, but it’s also important to focus on the story of the couple. I love taking photographs of couples as they share their first hour as husband and wife. Northbrook Park is filled with stunning scenery and contemporary interior design, so we were able to get a good mix of photographs for their wedding album. There are some beautiful shots of the couple alone in the gardens.

As the reception was underway, I took Bharkavy and Edwin on a final stroll around the gardens to take some more photographs. As a Northbrook Park wedding photographer, I wanted to get the most out of this breath-taking venue. The ground are simply beautiful at night, with the trees and foliage lit up with different coloured lighting. It’s a very romantic wedding venue, and I wanted to make the most of that. There were spotlights dotted around the garden, so I positioned the couple in front of them to achieve a striking lighting effect. The photograph of Bharkavy and Edwin sharing a kiss beside a tree, lit from behind by a spotlight, is just perfect.

Asian Wedding Photography at Northbrook Park in Surrey

I often say I have one of the greatest jobs in the world, and it’s true. My clients are enjoying the best day of their lives, I work in stunning venues and places of natural beauty, and I get to spend time with a group of family and friends celebrating a momentous occasion. I have photographed weddings across the globe, from Asian wedding photography at Northbrook Park in Surrey, to Jewish wedding photography in Israel,I have shared in many big days. If you would like to speak to me about photographing your special day, or would like to find out more about my work, please get in touch.





1 comment:

Peterlane Photography said...


This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Pre Wedding Photographer

London
,Christening Photographer London and Bar Mitzvah Photographer

London
.Which are very informative for us. Thanks

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for your comment - Adam